Thursday 14 November 2013

Popping in for some Cookies


I know, it feels like I've almost abandoned my poor blog! I've just been writing my novel in every spare moment I have and wanting, hoping to get it done in time. However, I'm still doing my weekly bake, and this time, I wanted to make cookies. I wanted to make my favourite recipe for oat and raisin cookies from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. But we had no butter, so I googled for a fat free cookie recipe instead. I found this recipe for Fat-free Oat and Raisin Cookies from Cooks.com. They were fairly quick and simple to make and tasted really good! They are more puffy and biscuity that cookies but still somehow a little chewy.


Here are my notes on the recipe:
  Recipe can be found here.
  Dairy and Fat Free!
  I tripled the recipe to suit our large family and cater for our guests and I got 24 cookies out of it.
  I added 1 1/2 tsp salt to the recipe, or 1/2 tsp if you are using the amounts given.
  I didn't know what Quick Oats were so I just blended Porridge Oats until they were fine.
  I used plain flour and soft light brown sugar.
  It was a very stiff dough, really hard for me to mix by hand so an electric mixer or food processor might be a good idea.
  Make sure you grease those tray! (My first batch stuck)
  375 degrees is the same as 190 Celsius.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment and tell me what you thought about this post! Thanks!