Thursday 1 August 2013

Recipe Book


As a lovely gift I received a beautiful blank recipe book which is from Sainsbury's. I've just got round to organising it and writing in it. There are 4 sections, which I have used as: 'Snacks, Salads & Starters,' 'Main Meals,' 'Deserts,' and 'Baking. I thought I'd share a bit of a mish-mash of what I have been adding to it.  I have got my version of nachos in the book, but I couldn't find a similar recipe online. It is written out at the bottom of the post. And a mozzarella, tomato and basil salad which I will write out too.In the Main Meals section I have these Turkey Burgers from Tesco Real Food. They are a really good summer main with great flavour. I made the guacamole from the recipe but didn't like it so haven't added that.I also put Lamb Koftas in, which my sister and I have served as a meal for my parents and their friends, who said they were lovely. We served them with cous-cous, wraps and the tomato salad from the recipe, which I have added to the Salads section. We also made a cucumber mint raita to go with the meal. The recipe is at the bottom of the post.For Deserts I added No-Churn Salted Caramel Ice Cream, which I have not made but have eaten and it is truly amazing! And this quick Banoffee Pie from the Carnation Caramel website.

So, my recipe for Nachos! This fills up our large stone baking tray, so it makes enough for a large family starter or snack.
1 bag of plain Tortilla chips
150g (roughly) cheese, grated
1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
Chili powder and/or paprika
Preheat the grill to medium/high. Lay the tortilla chips out on a large baking tray. I use a stoneware tray. Try to make them evenly spread out. Cut the pepper and sprinkle over. Grate the cheese and sprinkle evenly over the crisps. You want to cover all of the chips so you may need more. Next sprinkle over some chili powder or paprika. You're probably getting good at the sprinkling action here! Grill until browned and the cheese is bubbling. Enjoy!

Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Salad
1 large tomato
1 ball mozzarella cheese
A few basil leaves
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper
Slice the tomato and mozzarella cheese and layer on a plate. Sprinkle over the basil leaves and drizzle over the olive oil, and add a twist salt and pepper

Cucumber and Mint Raita
1/3 cucumber
2 tablespoons yogurt
A few mint leaves
Grate the cucumber. Squeeze out the liquid in a paper towel. Stir in the yogurt, tablespoon at a time to make a fairly thick mixture. Finely chop/shred the mint leaves and mix into the yogurt and cucumber. Enjoy as a cooling side to spicy food!

I'll post any extra good recipes I find later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and tell me what you thought about this post! Thanks!