Sunday 4 August 2013

Bible Posters 2-1 Timothy 1:15

One of the things I love to design are posters of bible verses. I have been working on creating digital copies of some of these lately. As the first series on my blog, I am going to show these, one at a time, on Sundays on the blog. I hope you like them. At the moment I want all my posters to stay here on my blog, so I have labeled them with my blog address. 


A MESSAGE, a big message! listen up, it is Worthy of all Acceptance.
CHRIST JESUS came into the WORLD to SAVE SINNERS!

A Big Message

I drew this Bible poster while listening to a sermon on 1 Timothy 1:15, which I've got on my sidebar. The verse is about the gospel message, Jesus coming to save sinners. 'This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.'

Paul, who wrote this verse, knows how big the message of the gospel is! It is time to listen up. It is worthy of all acceptance: it deserves your trust. Christ Jesus came into the world to die for the sin of all. 'All have sinned' Romans 3:23. Paul says that he is the 'chief of sinners:' the worst. 


I swapped the colours around to give a chalkboard effect. The text uses a chalkboard effect, but when I drew it the letters were bold and chunky, as in 'sinners,' with a striped background. So it is different from the original (none of mine look that good scanned straight in) but it still emphasises the message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and tell me what you thought about this post! Thanks!